
Last night I read
Adessa a book called "The Twits." This book is a classic over here and was written by
Roald Dahl author of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," "James and the Giant Peach," "The
BFG," "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" and many others. Even though the Twits were, well...twits,
Adessa did not want anything bad to happen to them.
Adessa kept making up reasons why they were still good even though they did bad things. When the book was finished we watched "A Christmas Story" as a family (minus William). I had forgotten about the bully and again
Adessa was terribly upset that there was a bully who was being mean to other children. It didn't make a difference when
Ralphy went to town on the bully, she was angry that he had hurt the bully even though the bully had been bothering him all year long. There are many things that frustrate me about
Adessa, the kid is not perfect, but I feel so blessed to have a sensitive, and caring child. I don't think
Adessa has 1 intentionally mean bone in her little body. I am sure she will be taken advantage of in many ways in this life because she is so kind, but I would prefer this over being indifferent to people and their feelings. Today I am reminded of the importance of caring deeply for each person and their personal happiness. Sometimes it takes the purity of a child to remind us just how sensitive and compassionate we need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment