Saturday, 18 December 2010

Handmade Toasted Kentish Cobnut Fudge

Need I say more? We went to Bromley to do some Christmas shopping at the mall and stumbled across this street market. It was like a scene from Dickens "A Christmas Carol." People were selling mulled wine, sausages, sweets, lace trimmings, and other randomly unique items, not to mention the group of carollers huddled together singing old carols. I half expected someone to come up to me and say, "penny for the song gov'ner?" They didn't. At any rate, we found this fudge with Kentish Cobnuts that are only grown in Kent. It was amazing, so I thought I would put in a little plug for them. The true highlight for me was having this cute ginger headed lad ask me where I was from, he told me I had a very strong accent. I laughed pretty hard. He told me that he had a Kentish sound in his British accent and that they sound different depending on the counties they are from. I already knew this, so I just smiled and looked interested :) If you want to check out their website then go for it. The fudge is awesome!


No comments: