

I love movies. Not just a little, but a lot. Since I have been training again, I have been searching deep within my soul trying to work out some kinks. Life catches up with you and you begin to stare reality in the face. Marriages aren't all happy, families aren't perfect, some friends aren't really friends they are Salieri's from Amadeus, not everyone likes you, your kids drive you crazy, your testimony wavers, disappointment becomes more powerful than death, but.....this happens to everyone. Reality, demons, struggles, and figuring ourselves out is universal. I loved this movie "On a Clear Day." Truth be told I cried from beginning to end. It spoke to me on MANY levels, and I honestly believe that it speaks to everyone. I want to watch it again to gain a little perspective. Among all the struggles and confusion, I know that I am super blessed. I live in a wonderful country, I have a healthy family, a doting husband, and love working with kids teaching dance. If you are in a funk or don't know what to do now with your life, I think this movie is great. One of the things that touched me in this film was the loyalty of the main characters friends as he tries to accomplish his goal. It reminded me of my Marathon and the awesome package Maren sent me from Texas, and the peanut butter cup cheesecake Rashawn made for me, and the beautiful flowers and goodies sent to me by friends in the ward. In life you have so many people who tell you that you can't or try to bully and intimidate you into failure, but when you have an awesome support group around you the blessings and possibilities are endless. Thanks friends for being there. Watch this movie. Tell me how you like it and if it touched you as much as it touched me.
BTW, it is a British film, so you may have to listen carefully to understand what they are saying :)
No comments:
Post a Comment