

I know, let the laughter begin. I bet you never knew that John had a long neck did you? He does. It just looked a little different 13yrs. ago. I am sure that this will be among the many gushy Valentine tributes that are read on peoples blogs. I will keep the gush to a minimum. When I met John he was kind, fun, fearless, gentle, and soooooo easy going. Much different than the first boyfriend (who is now a lawyer), MUCH different. John was so refreshing; he laughed when I spun and tapped through the grocery store, didn't blush if I wanted to wear a wig or costume out and about, came to dance concerts with flowers, and thought that it was perfectly normal that I would wear a red pants suit to the Valentines Dance at the High School. I was the only girl in a pant suit. John was perfectly okay with me being me, and I was mesmerized by his talents. Many of you don't know this, but, John is the most beautiful skier I have ever seen. He takes giant cliffs on the slopes like they were mere bumps and was thrilled to help me pick out my first pair of K2 Ski's. John has millions of gifts and talents but you don't always know what they are because he doesn't talk about himself. He likes to let other people brag about themselves. In fact, most of you probably couldn't say what his hobbies and interests are because he rarely turns the conversation to him. John is an amazing cook, photographer, skier, he bikes, blades, has a huge baseball and basketball card collection, loves to read Biographies of Prophets, is passionate about the Gospel, and economics. John has worked a job since he was 13 where he was a bus boy at a restaurant in Ogden, John has never asked his family for help with anything, and has always put me and the kids first. Gentle, kind, and good, oh and did I mention loyal? Pretty freaking amazing eh!
I can't imagine my life with anyone else. Would anyone else let me buy a house while they were out of town, start refinishing a kitchen and painting while they were gone, speak to me after wearing a wig off the airplane from NY to see if he would recognize me, wear matching 4th of July t-shirts, not kill me for bringing home a dog, go along to dance concerts, after concert Leatherby's nights, theater after theater, project after project, craft after craft, arts festivals, tattoo conventions, marathons, you name it. John is always willing to support me in whatever endeavor I pursue, Gatorade in hand, and a big smile on his face. I really didn't deserve this. Don't think he is perfect, he isn't. Really he is VERY messy, totally untidy. But..... I would take the messy for all the wig wearing in the world. John and I went to the Valentines dance together in 1997. For our Valentines date he made me cheese ravioli, with candles on the table, and he gave me a Fossil Watch. I still have it. My kids will inherit it and probably throw it away with all of the other junk that I find to be treasures. Thank you Johnny for not binding my wings, for letting me soar for 13 years, and for loving me unconditionally. You really are the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment