What is worse than wearing the same thing as the person sitting in front of you on an airplane? How about having the person be PREGNANT! Yes, it is true. The darling little young thing was prego, and a good sport to let me take our picture together. Really we laughed super hard. Off to Austin TX on a girls trip. Here are a few of our hot spots from our trip.
We arrived in Austin 4hrs. after the crazy man crashed into the IRS building. We were hearing about it as we happened upon it on our way to my brothers house. I had my camera handy and was able to snap a few quick shots. Pretty crazy and some serious big news in Austin.

Day1: Barbecue dinner at "The Salt Lick." Yep, it was as good as it looks. We had all you can eat brisket, ribs, and sausage, all cooked Texas BBQ style. Yummo! 
The house that John would buy if he really loved me! Okay, seriously though.....who needs all this? It was beautiful.

The house that John would buy if he really loved me! Okay, seriously though.....who needs all this? It was beautiful.
Can't remember the name of this little peak we climbed and looked out over the token body of water in Austin. All I could think of was how big the homes were and who in the world would own them?

Self explanatory.

The tacos really were good. My taco was a beef one with lime and avocado in a corn tortilla. Really yum. The chips and salsa were also delicious.

Self explanatory.
The tacos really were good. My taco was a beef one with lime and avocado in a corn tortilla. Really yum. The chips and salsa were also delicious.
On SOCO. Loved all the cool little antique and vintage shops. I felt like I was in my favorite indie music album as I strolled down SOCO perusing the little flea market.

As annoying as it is to listen to people blab about how much better the church is outside of Utah and all the Utah hypocrites, I must admit that I really did enjoy going to church in Texas. It does have a different feel, I wouldn't say that it is so much better, but I think as members you definitely need each other more. Pretty cool.
Mom, me, brother, new SIL Shannon, and Great. Loved their "Mansion House" as Great calls it. You really can get a lot of real-estate for your buck in Texas. Their home was beautiful and backed up to the green belt. The weather was super nice and warm and clear. I could breathe. And bathe in the sunlight. Loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment