Monday, 11 July 2011

An Award and the FOTH Family Picnic

 I received a note from the Pink One's teacher telling me that she would be receiving an award at the  Merit Assembly on Friday. I knew that the award would be about her operation, but the Pink One had several ideas as to why she would receive the award (don't you love the confidence of children?). I wrestled the Blue One into the assembly and watched the class perform a musical number and then the presentation of awards.





Mrs. Kenneth the Head Teacher called the Pink One forward to present her award, it was for being a super star after her operation and not complaining once about it in class. Moms know everything. The Pink One was pleased with her award even though it wasn't for one of the many reasons that she had brain stormed it to be.




Later in the day the school hosted the FOTH Family Picnic, which is the reason for the children wearing their street clothes instead of uniforms. I brought the Blue One back to the school so that he could run around and play while big sister enjoyed playing on the inflatables and eating sweeties.






The Blue One was too little to play on the inflatables with the bigger kids so he ran around and wrestled with me on the grass. As evidenced in these pictures, this kid has Viking blood flowing through his veins. I love his spunk and strong will, but honestly, he is exhausting.






The freaky thing is that he can actually use his sword really well. Totally innate.






The pink One with her teacher Mrs. Marchant-Potts


The Pink One with her assistant teacher Miss Hill


Enjoying the sweeties






Popsicle, except here they are called ice lollies. I call them Popsicles, the pink One calls them ice lollies.


It was a fun event for families. I did feel a little out of place and awkward sitting alone on the grass, but after a while my friend Maria came over and invited me to join her family and friends, which was nice. The Pink One had a great time which is really all that matters. The school does some fun family activities, and has some fun events that really showcase the students. I am sure that schools everywhere are the same, but it is really fun to participate in all of the festivities as a family.

No comments: