Saturday, 9 April 2011

I Love to see the Temple

The London, England Temple
(with a child rolling down the hill and another chasing after)

The London Temple is beautiful. I am certain that people who are not LDS can recognise that this Temple and the grounds are beautiful, just like I can acknowledge the beauty of Westminster Abbey even though I don't belong to the Church of England. Lovely, simply lovely. Our Stake was encouraged to attend the Temple this past week and our Ward selected Friday to be our Ward's day. The Bishop asked that we come as families and spend time at the Temple even if we weren't planning to attend. Hubby took the day off of work and I went to attend the Temple in the morning. When I pulled up to the Temple the tears started. The Temple is 1 familiar thing in an unfamiliar world, and I was overwhelmed by just how much my soul needed to see that familiar thing. When I got home we went to the Pink One's school, checked her out, and headed to the Temple as a family. It is really important for the children in our faith to be able to go to the Temple, even if means just enjoying the peace, spirit, and beauty of the grounds. I was amazed that the Bishop knew just how much each family needed to be there together. It was a peaceful, calm, and joyous time together. Even though Hubby and I had to attend in shifts, the whole experience was amazing for our family.


Yes, he came clothed. Busy body. ALWAYS on the move. Story below.

When we arrived at the temple a couple of other families were picnicking in the Temple park. I had brought a picnic for the kids while John did his session, and so we joined the other ward families in the spirit of picnicking. Strangely enough, the kids were all running around in their "knickers" also known as "underoo's." I soon learned that their curiosity about the pond turned into their swimming in the pond and later expulsion from the pond. Well, as you can imagine, the Blue One shared their interest in the pond. While chatting with the Bishop and keeping 1 eye on the Blue One, lovely sister Mia and I watched as the Blue One literally went head first into the pond. Head first. Mia ran into the pond shoes and all and pulled the Blue One out. Of course he was fine, wet, but fine. We took the wet clothes off and laid them out like all the other piggies clothes.

Chilling with and looking like the other lads.

Our ward is wonderful. Every member is so devoted to the Gospel, that we feel inspired each week when we attend. It is amazing to watch the faithful attend alone because their spouse is not a member, or their children have fallen away, or because they haven't met a man or woman worthy to marry. I know how easy it would be to just not come, but they have the faith and strength to do it every week. I am strengthened weekly by their commitment.

The blue thing around the blue One's wrist is.....can you guess.....? An identification bracelet! Seriously. We are preparing for our big road trip through Europe and I am scared to death that this little fireball is going to scamper off. So, I have ID bracelets for each of the piggies to wear with only a phone number inserted inside the bracelet for the finder to call. I found the Velcro bracelets on Amazon and think that they are genius.

The Pink One's first day of sporting her summer uniform. Much cooler for her on an 80 degree day than the shirt, tie, cardigan, tights, and pinafore.

These little lads running around were so stinkin cute. It reminded me of when I was little and people weren't freaking out about the creepies looking at your kids if they ran around in the summer sporting their knickers. As exhausting as the Blue One is and can be, I love that he is ALL boy.

This beautiful day, with my family, hanging out at a very special place, was just what I needed.

No comments: