
I know that Mother's Day is difficult for a lot of women. Many women suffer with the lack of ability or opportunity to be mothers while others suffer with feelings of inadequacy and failure. Let's face it though, we are all here because of a mom. Therefore, this is a special day. My own cute little family surprised me with breakfast in bed (Adessa was elated), my sweet dad who is living in Ohio sent me a beautiful bouquet, John bought me a new washer and dryer (for the next 5 years worth of presents), and my mom took the gals to see "42nd Street" at PTC. I feel so grateful for my wonderful family. With tears in my eyes I can honestly tell you that I could only aspire to be 1/10th of the mom my mom was and is. My mom has always gone above and beyond to make life fun, special, and memorable for us. My mom always supported us in anything we wanted to do. I remember going into her craft room when I was no older than 8 years old, cutting into whatever fabric I could find, and hot gluing it together to make an outfit for my little sister. She never was angry with me for making messes to express my creativity. I try to remember this when Adessa is playing with glitter and paper, the creativity and self expression is more important than a clean kitchen. My mom delivered balloons on our birthdays to the school, made us green milk on st. patty's day, and had a special pillow with a pocket for valentines that she would slip treats in during the night. I feel exhausted even thinking about what she did for us in addition to operating a business, serving in the church, being a daughter to a mother dropping by each day, and a wife to a very busy travelling man. Mom, I love you. I know that in me you have created a monster, but I promise you I am a monster trying to emulate the best. Not an easy task. Happy Mother's Day to all of you BEAUTIFUL women in my life. I admire and respect so many of you friends in the blogosphere and thrive from your examples and friendship. If you aren't a mother than happy day to the Woman who made you great!
No comments:
Post a Comment