
I swear to you on everything sacred and holy that my first Marathon was NOT this hard! I told my sister after the race that it was really really hard and she said, "Yeah Ash, that's why it's called a Marathon!" She's right. If it were easy, more than 2% of the population would be running them. But still, it was soooooo hard! I remember my first marathon being hard around mile 21, this one started to seem hard around mile 18. Since 2008 they have changed the route of the Salt Lake Marathon and have you running up State Street to South Temple with 3 miles left and then hanging a left to the Union Station. When I saw bodies running all the way up at the Eagle Gate I wanted to cry. Who in the heck has the last 3 miles of a Marathon up hill??? Morons. I did make it up the hill and to the finish line to beat my first Marathon time of 4.18:01 at 4.14:47. I know 3.5 minutes doesn't seem like much, but I have had another baby who is less than a year old and am still carrying a few extra pounds. I'll take the 3.5. My goal was to beat my first time and I nearly killed myself to do it. But....I did it! It is finished, it was hard, I wanted to quit, but I didn't. Glad I did it. Next up is the Layton Half Marathon in October. Honestly, a half Marathon is like a walk in the park compared to a Marathon. However, a half marathon will keep me running and enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Sigh. Time to rest.
Maren sent me a care package from Texas with a new polish to sport. For my First Marathon she sent me "Fuchsia Bling Bling" this time it was "Mint Sprint." So clever.

My Awesome Finish Line support crew which included family and friends.

What other hubby would be at various locations of the race and clean the church himself to be at the finish line?

My inspirations for enduring. If these two piggies could fight to survive an early birth and all of the challenges that preemies face, I knew that I could be strong enough to push through the difficult.

The strong women in my life who taught me that "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"
Cute Alli is one of my former Jr. High Students and one of my former studio students who also ran the Marathon. She did awesome for her first Marathon, and I was super proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment