Sunday, 23 November 2008

Blessings


With Thanksgiving this next week I have so much to be thankful for. I am incredibly blessed and marvel at the blessings that my Father in Heaven continues to pour upon me. I had the most terrifying experience the other night. I have NEVER felt fear and panic like I did at that moment in time. I was one of those crazy girls going to the 2:30 opening of Twilight with some friends, at 1:30 my ride picked me up. I locked the door and then skipped off to the car. The movie was good and we had a great time. When my ride dropped me off I walked to the porch and went to open my door. The door was no longer locked and pushed open as I twisted the knob. In my mind I thought it was strange, but immediately dismissed the thought. I proceeded up the stairs to find that Adessa's bedroom door and my bedroom door were both wide open. John asked about the movie and I asked him if Adessa was in bed with him. John told me she wasn't and hadn't been in all night. I told him her bedroom door was open and he asked if she was in her bed. I turned on the bathroom light and peered in only to find an empty bed. I told him she wasn't there. John popped out of bed and on went our bedroom lights. She wasn't in our room, her room, the playroom, the bathroom. At this point I am shaking with fear and sick to death because I realize that she or someone had opened the front door, and that was why it was no longer locked and shut completely. I of course imagine the worst, kidnapper or frozen to death in the front yard. We are now racing through the house screaming her name searching everywhere for her. John found her asleep on the sofa under the window near the front door. We returned her to her bed and I bawled for an hour. The next morning I asked Adessa if she had come to find mommy in the night. She told me that she had gone to my room, but mommy was gone running, so she went and looked out the door, cried, and then layed on the couch waiting for me to return. I haven't really slept since Adessa was born. I waffle in and out, but one ear is always listening. I can hear her open her door in the night before she even makes it to my side of the bed. But, what happens when mom is gone. Dad doesn't have the same instinct as mom. This is where our Heavenly Father intervened and the blessing came. Adessa could have wandered out looking for me, gotten lost, been picked up by a creep, fallen and been knocked out and frozen to death, I could go on and on about what could have been, but the important thing is that we were being watched over and blessed. Again, I am so thankful for my blessings, for my child, family, and home. Next time I am gone over night I am going to demand that John put a barricade in front of the door. Either that or just put Addie in bed with him so that he can hear her if she wanders. Sheesh, what an experience.

No comments: