I know you are thinking right now, "wow, John looks so skinny" and you are right, next to me he does. I doubt I need to point out the almost lack of dimples in my cheeks due to my chipmunk-ification. After seeing this picture I doubt any of you would ever wonder why I swore that Adessa was alpha and omega. Believe it or not, the magnification of my size happened in a matter of one night and then continued for a couple of weeks. I will say that after I had delivered her, rather than losing the water I had a rare condition where you continue to get bigger. I'm the luckiest girl. We love looking back at the pictures of me and my feet and laughing at how huge I had become before it was all over and I was having my blood pressure meds filled along with all of the 80yr. old men. Good times. I am begging new baby to please take it easy on me, don't bloat me up again. We feel so blessed to have another potential miracle in our lives. I am officially announcing that I am pregnant. Now, if you would like to share the news go right on ahead because I will now be sharing as well. Wish us luck!
Thursday, 13 November 2008
Naughty Teenager
There is not a lack of predictability with clomid. No more long cycles wondering am I or am I not. You pretty much know when day 28-30 rolls around what the answer will be. That being said, my family was wondering and waiting with bated breath on day 28 to find out if: Yes I was, or No I wasn't. It is a difficult thing trying to avoid questions about whether or not you are pregnant when it is still so early and the possibility of miscarriage so high. But, my family knew I would know and wanted some answers. It was a Sunday and my mom pinned me down, I wasn't sure, but that was not the right response, "Pete, get out of your jammies and go buy Ashley a pregnancy test" I thought my dad would argue. He didn't. She had to see for herself whether or not her prayers had been answered. Obviously my dad had no clue what on earth he was doing. The poor man hadn't bought a pregnancy test in 23 years, I don't even know if they had them 23 years ago? I went with him to the store so that he knew what to get. I want you to imagine going to the store with your dad as a 30yr. old woman to have him buy you a pregnancy test. The lady at the counter looked at us in a way you could only imagine if you have had your dad buy you a pregnancy test (I felt like a naughty teenager), it was either, "this poor man has a crack head daughter he is trying to help out with an unwanted pregnancy" or "what a sleaze bag impregnating a woman half his age." My dad was 35 when I was born so I am literally half his age. I thought about saying something out loud with "dad" in it, but it was way too much fun to watch the poor man squirm and look around uncomfortably as she scanned the test. We returned to my moms house, took the test, and there was the faintest bit of pink that my mom could not even see. Again, I had said I wasn't sure. She was not satisfied with this answer. Monday I was off to Pioneer Valley to have a blood test done that would tell her if I was or was not in fact pregnant. It was probably the longest hour of her life and I must confess to feeling a bit antsy myself. The news came back positive. She was thrilled and I was terrified. Miscarriage is such a huge fear of mine. I am certain it has a lot to do with just how difficult it is to get prego in the first place, the idea of losing what I had barely and difficultly gained has haunted my mind since that day. I wasn't ready to announce it, but word has somehow managed to travel around, you tell one person it's a rumour, you tell two people and it is common knowledge. It has become common knowledge. I wanted to share our exciting news with our beloved friends and family myself before they found out from a random person, unfortunately, someone was more than happy spreading the news around (Let's face it, it is fun sharing good news). Sorry if any of you feel saddened that I hadn't shared the news myself, but like I said I hadn't intended to tell until an ultra-sound confirmed things were o.k. I have an appointment at Maternal Fetal Medicine next week and will find out how things are then. We are excited, hopeful, and a little nervous, but mostly excited. I am just starting to feel a little bit better, the nausea was killing me. My Dr. is very careful and has performed tests so that if my health becomes an issue again they will know what to do to help not only the baby, but myself as well. I am not pro near death experiences. We feel really good about things right now and Adessa is excited to be a big sister. Our prayers have been answered.

I know you are thinking right now, "wow, John looks so skinny" and you are right, next to me he does. I doubt I need to point out the almost lack of dimples in my cheeks due to my chipmunk-ification. After seeing this picture I doubt any of you would ever wonder why I swore that Adessa was alpha and omega. Believe it or not, the magnification of my size happened in a matter of one night and then continued for a couple of weeks. I will say that after I had delivered her, rather than losing the water I had a rare condition where you continue to get bigger. I'm the luckiest girl. We love looking back at the pictures of me and my feet and laughing at how huge I had become before it was all over and I was having my blood pressure meds filled along with all of the 80yr. old men. Good times. I am begging new baby to please take it easy on me, don't bloat me up again. We feel so blessed to have another potential miracle in our lives. I am officially announcing that I am pregnant. Now, if you would like to share the news go right on ahead because I will now be sharing as well. Wish us luck!
I know you are thinking right now, "wow, John looks so skinny" and you are right, next to me he does. I doubt I need to point out the almost lack of dimples in my cheeks due to my chipmunk-ification. After seeing this picture I doubt any of you would ever wonder why I swore that Adessa was alpha and omega. Believe it or not, the magnification of my size happened in a matter of one night and then continued for a couple of weeks. I will say that after I had delivered her, rather than losing the water I had a rare condition where you continue to get bigger. I'm the luckiest girl. We love looking back at the pictures of me and my feet and laughing at how huge I had become before it was all over and I was having my blood pressure meds filled along with all of the 80yr. old men. Good times. I am begging new baby to please take it easy on me, don't bloat me up again. We feel so blessed to have another potential miracle in our lives. I am officially announcing that I am pregnant. Now, if you would like to share the news go right on ahead because I will now be sharing as well. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment