Counting Crows" is one of my all time favorite music groups. Their album "August and Everything After" is virtual perfection, I also really love their album "Recovering the Satellites" . One of the songs on this particular album is titled "A Long December" and describes in title how I have felt about this past winter, LONG... It's kind of weird the way you look at the world as you get older. Sunny days when I was little meant running outside and playing at a friends house, now a sunny day means standing in the sunshine letting the sweet rays of Vitamin D pour into my pallid wintry complexion feeling completely rejuvenated when finished. Strange how I find myself yearning for nature, searching for beauty around me, and appreciating all of God's small and great creations. I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of the trees blossoming and I leap for joy when I see my tulips and bleeding hearts poking up through the dirt. I love to step out onto my porch just to breathe in the rich smell of wet concrete and dirt on a rainy day. I grab my camera when I see a great storm cloud or a hot pink sunset. I know that I haven't necessarily changed, but I do think my appreciation for the simple beauties of nature has. I never understood how I could watch "Pride and Prejudice" "Jane Eyre" and "Sense and Sensibility" over and over and over again. Until one day it dawned on me, I love the Scenery in these movies. Anything that has beautiful scenery in it I find myself drawn to watch again and again. Of course the stories are great, but the scenery is rejuvenating. I am grateful everyday to live in the beautiful land of Bountiful. I love running each day and looking to the east seeing the gorgeous mountains or looking to the west to see the lovely lake and wet lands. Life is so fast paced that I am grateful for time each day to observe these simple beauties that seem to heal and rejuvenate my soul.
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Spring
"
Counting Crows" is one of my all time favorite music groups. Their album "August and Everything After" is virtual perfection, I also really love their album "Recovering the Satellites" . One of the songs on this particular album is titled "A Long December" and describes in title how I have felt about this past winter, LONG... It's kind of weird the way you look at the world as you get older. Sunny days when I was little meant running outside and playing at a friends house, now a sunny day means standing in the sunshine letting the sweet rays of Vitamin D pour into my pallid wintry complexion feeling completely rejuvenated when finished. Strange how I find myself yearning for nature, searching for beauty around me, and appreciating all of God's small and great creations. I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of the trees blossoming and I leap for joy when I see my tulips and bleeding hearts poking up through the dirt. I love to step out onto my porch just to breathe in the rich smell of wet concrete and dirt on a rainy day. I grab my camera when I see a great storm cloud or a hot pink sunset. I know that I haven't necessarily changed, but I do think my appreciation for the simple beauties of nature has. I never understood how I could watch "Pride and Prejudice" "Jane Eyre" and "Sense and Sensibility" over and over and over again. Until one day it dawned on me, I love the Scenery in these movies. Anything that has beautiful scenery in it I find myself drawn to watch again and again. Of course the stories are great, but the scenery is rejuvenating. I am grateful everyday to live in the beautiful land of Bountiful. I love running each day and looking to the east seeing the gorgeous mountains or looking to the west to see the lovely lake and wet lands. Life is so fast paced that I am grateful for time each day to observe these simple beauties that seem to heal and rejuvenate my soul.
Counting Crows" is one of my all time favorite music groups. Their album "August and Everything After" is virtual perfection, I also really love their album "Recovering the Satellites" . One of the songs on this particular album is titled "A Long December" and describes in title how I have felt about this past winter, LONG... It's kind of weird the way you look at the world as you get older. Sunny days when I was little meant running outside and playing at a friends house, now a sunny day means standing in the sunshine letting the sweet rays of Vitamin D pour into my pallid wintry complexion feeling completely rejuvenated when finished. Strange how I find myself yearning for nature, searching for beauty around me, and appreciating all of God's small and great creations. I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of the trees blossoming and I leap for joy when I see my tulips and bleeding hearts poking up through the dirt. I love to step out onto my porch just to breathe in the rich smell of wet concrete and dirt on a rainy day. I grab my camera when I see a great storm cloud or a hot pink sunset. I know that I haven't necessarily changed, but I do think my appreciation for the simple beauties of nature has. I never understood how I could watch "Pride and Prejudice" "Jane Eyre" and "Sense and Sensibility" over and over and over again. Until one day it dawned on me, I love the Scenery in these movies. Anything that has beautiful scenery in it I find myself drawn to watch again and again. Of course the stories are great, but the scenery is rejuvenating. I am grateful everyday to live in the beautiful land of Bountiful. I love running each day and looking to the east seeing the gorgeous mountains or looking to the west to see the lovely lake and wet lands. Life is so fast paced that I am grateful for time each day to observe these simple beauties that seem to heal and rejuvenate my soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment