
Time is a funny thing. Like when I turned 29, I could see every sun spot, wrinkle, and dimple of fat scintillating on my body. I felt old, I looked old, and relatively speaking, I am getting old. The other day I was getting a soda and some pretzels at the Seven-11 in West Valley near where I taught Junior High School for 6yrs. There was a guy behind me who seemed like a nice looking gentleman from out of the corner of my eye. He beat me to the door when we had each finished our transactions from

neighboring registers, and very ceremoniously threw the door open for me to exit. I smiled and thanked him for the honorable gesture. I was about to my car when this fellow turned around and said to me "Miss Talbot right." I am certain my jaw dropped I replied with a "yep" he nodded, got into his car and drove off. This "guy/gentleman" was a former Jr. High student. Driving, working a job, possibly married, or even the father of something. What has happened? I am not old enough to have 21yr. old former students, aren't I only 21 myself? No, I am not. I am glad that I am not the only person in the world who has look old feel old days. On this particular beautiful day Adessa had aged 10yrs. I swear everytime I looked at her I was looking at a 13yr. old not a nearing 3yr. old. Sooo confident was she on her scooter with her big girl pony tail. I laughed. Here is her super grown up clip and pictures. I hope some of you watching think, "wow, is Adessa that old. I must really be getting up there" ha enjoy your feel old moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment