Sunday, 17 March 2013

St. Patty's Day 2013

You better be wearing green or I am going to pinch you! I awoke to Ads in my bedroom saying "mom, I think the leprechaun played a trick on us!" Me, somewhat groggy and very tired "oh yeah?" Ads "yeah, he didn't bring us green shirts like he did last year!" Oh. My. Stars! The memory on that kid. She is definitely her mothers child. I am going to have to do the exact same thing year after year or she is going to be disappointed. Bless her. All things green breakfast of porridge and milk.




The Leprechaun had left bits of gold in the form of Worther's Originals all throughout the house for the kids to look and gather up. Ads had set a Leprechaun trap, but was unable to catch him….bummer.






Liam's gold



Ads had her ballet show today as well, so we had St. Patty's celebration and her Alice in Wonderland performance. Busy day.
















Each year on St. Patty's Day I do an 'all things green' dinner. It is fun each year to think of what I am going to serve that is all green. I usually do a corned beef and cabbage hash with a variety of other green things.




Pea and ham soup.




Corned beef hash, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli and green beans. For a dinner favour I had a packet of skittles and a twix on top. The skittles were the rainbow and the twix was the gold at the end of the rainbow.




We invited the sister Missionaries from our Church to join us for dinner.



The kids really enjoy chatting with the missionaries. These girls are exceptional and both have amazing stories about their respective homes and upbringing, something that the kids learn and take courage from.


There was no jigging this year, but a great time was definitely had by all.