Wednesday, 8 January 2014

My New Miracle Cleaner!

When I moved to England and got settled into my house I went straightway to the store to pick up my usual cleaning supplies to stock under the cupboards. Much to my amazement not a single one of my usual faves were there. Ugh. What now? I spent the next 3 years trying out different cleaning products trying to find a favourite or even something that would become my per usual. No dice. That's not to say that the products don't clean, they do, but they either have a smell I dislike, streak, or cost an arm and a leg. A few weeks ago as I was doing my pre-Christmas decorating 'deep cleaning' I went to fill my bowl of water and add my liquid "Joy" (USA) or "Fairy" (UK) to the water when I realised I was out. What now? I grabbed my liquid laundry soap and used it in lieu of my dish soap. WOW! I was blown away. This miracle cleaner has cleaned my house from top to bottom like it has never been cleaned. I have used it on my counters, walls, floors, spot carpet cleaning, bathrooms, cupboards, etc.. The only thing I don't use it on is my mirrors and windows. It. Is. AMAZING! I will never again spend loads of money on random cleaners, it is always going to be laundry soap.  

I fill a bowl with hot water and depending on the size of the bowl and the job needed I add 1 or two tablespoons of laundry soap and get busy. You can buy your favourite laundry soap and use it interchangeably with your laundry or you can go to the dollar/pound shop and buy something else. I don't know if the pound shop products are inferior, but my laundry soap that I used interchangeably with my household cleaning has been superb. I haven't tried it in a spray bottle, I tend to think it would clog, but hey ho if you are feeling adventurous give it a go. I hope this works for y'all as well as it has worked for me, if it doesn't, then stick with what you were doing before :) Happy Spring cleaning!