Friday, 31 August 2012

Our 12th Anniversary


I already wrote my blog post about my FABULOUS Hubby and what a great guy and a wonderful husband and father he is, so this post is simply about the events of our day. Today John was in charge of a baptism at our church, so he spent the morning filling the font, printing off programs, and preparing a talk.........I napped. I know I sound like a slug, but it was nice to see him scurrying around making ready for an event (rather than me) for a change ;) After the baptism we picked up our babysitter and ran off to see the AVENGERS! I had seen this film already in the US, but as John hadn't and really needed to see it in the theatre and I really didn't mind staring at Thor.......away we went. John and I LOVE going to movies together. There are many commonalities that John and I share, but our over active imaginations and abilities to live vicariously through films, books, and theatre are pretty synonymous with each other. We went, ate our popcorn, snacked on our sweets, sipped on our soda's and became part of the film. We loved it. One anniversary we shared before we had kids we did a movie double header after a fine dinner at "Famous Dave's Barbecue." Ahhhhh, the good old days. We loved chatting on the way home about how awesome the film was and how we can't wait for more to come, both of us like teenagers again. It was a good anniversary.


Hubby bought me a few dozen roses.









I bought Hubby a printed silk antique picture of Churchill. We both think Churchill was a pretty remarkable man and John is always going on about having a study one day, so I thought it worked. Plus, it will always be remembered that I bought it for him whilst we were living in England.


Love me this man. John cannot be replaced, if anything ever happens to him I will be a widow until I die. Once you have had the best you just can't "settle." Love you babe.