Friday, 12 September 2008

Easily Persuaded


I have always prided myself on the fact that I don't give in to peer pressure. I never just went somewhere I didn't want to so I would "be cool", I really didn't care as much about being cool as I did about having fun. So why is it that as an adult I have become so much more of a push over? I have boldly stated that I thought that Facebook was creepy. Why on earth would you want to subject yourself to the cruelties of high school all over again? So after a couple months of family and peer persuasion I buckled like the curb in front of my house. Yes, I am on there with tons of other random people and yes it is a little creepy. However, it does have its plus side. I have been able to chat with former Hunter high school friends that I haven't seen since my junior year when I moved, I have found a number of my dance buddies from college, I have been able to chat with my favorite professors/friends from SUU, I have found people from Woods Cross who I haven't seen since graduation, I have gained contact with old roommates and friends from the college ward, and I have found friends in my ward and neighborhood. All in all, it has thus proven to be more of a positive thing than a weird thing. I am not going to pressure anyone to join up, like I said, it is a little creepy, but if you do, don't be surprised when you see my face pop up. Facebook is a great way to network for those of you networking types or just a great place to quickly catch up with old friends. You may want to check it out, or not.

No comments: