Saturday, 6 September 2008

Adventures in Liverpool



If you were to look up the words green and beautiful in the dictionary it would say: Liverpool, New York. I have never been to a more lush and wooded place in my life. Not only was I able to enjoy the beautiful "country" scenery, but I was able to visit my sister and her 2 kids. Never a dull moment. Immediately upon arrival the adventure began, and the series of unusual events didn't cease until I had safely landed in Salt Lake. I could seriously blog the longest account of my vacation in the history of all blogdom, but to spare all including myself I will abridge the story into a list of highlights with pictures.

Highlights:

1. Having 4 "slumbers" with a very excited nephew and niece.

2. Sleeping on a couch for 5 nights with 2 decorative pillows and 2 baby blankets.

3. Going to "Mamma Mia" the Sing Along version with only 1 other crazy person singing to the subtitles in the theatre.

4. Meeting my sisters interesting friends and neighbors.

5. Answering my sisters interesting friends unique questions about our religious beliefs, like "where do we put the warehouses that we use to sacrifice the animals?"

6. Eating a huge NY sausage at the NY State Fair. So unlike me, but I did it knowing that John would be proud.

7. Seeing more food, alcohol, tattoo's, and similar shaped noses at the Fair than I have ever seen in my life (everyone in NY has the same looking nose).

8. Going to the largest Heavenly shoe store that I have ever been in in my life.

9. Getting questioned and followed by an employee as to why I was photographing the largest shoe store I have ever been in in my life (he he).

10. Sweating to death and breaking out with wildly uncontrolled acne from the heat and humidity.

11. Seeing the beautiful area with rivers, tree's, and oodles of foilage.

12. Eating fudge, ice cream, and Chocolate chip cookies from Wegman's.


NOT so Highlights:

1. Having to un board the hottest plane ever on my way home because of weather issues in Detroit.

2. Missing my flight from Detroit to SLC because of the weather.

3. Booking a new flight to Chicago connecting to SLC the next day.

4. Another slumber with the niece and nephew on the couch with the decorative pillows and baby blankets.

5. Having to pay to check my bag because I am now flying United.

6. Getting flagged to be wanded and patted down in front of 3 drooling, staring, pervy, male security officers. Ughh, humiliating.

7. Flying on the hottest and smallest plane ever, with a broken toilet that oozed refuse odour.

8. A flat diet coke on the last plane. As if I hadn't been through enough already, but now I am being served a flat diet Coke and 0 pretzels!


All in all, it was action from take off to landing. I am so very blessed to have a wonderful sister whom I love and admire dearly. New York is beautiful, the people were different but great, the humidity didn't do me any favors, and I am sure I will get over the airport complications. I am continually amazed at what a super mom my sister is. The love and devotion she shows to her children is astounding. I can't wait until my next trip to New York, Adessa will love it!

No comments: