
I feel like I should be throwing everything I own into the back of my Lavendar colored Saturn and driving to Cedar City. I can't help it, August hits and I feel SUU beckoning me like a siren. I have to say that the 4 years I spent in Cedar City at SUU were some of the most important years of my life. I gained a full education, life skills, social skills, friends, roommates, bad dates, institute dances, road trips to Vegas, Orchesis, a husband, the list could go on and on, and I am sure that you all would love for me to (ha ha), but I always feel myself leaning a bit south this time of year. Just like any co-ed, I could ramble off countless stories of mischievious acts, daring adventures, bizarre dates, and roommate wierdness, but I have spared you all of the above and selected one of my personal favorite stories to share. None of us were asked to the Institute dance. I will blame it on a lack of eligible bachelors, though I doubt that is the real reason. In our boredom and rebellion we decided it would be best to find something to distract us, occupy our time. So of course we dressed all in black and grabbed a bottle of liquid joy. Isn't that what most girls would do on a lonely weekend night of male rejection? We headed off to the Adam's theatre to perform our best monologues consisting of poetry memorized in our 10th grade Honors English class. The beautiful waterfall like fountain became the object of our mischief. Being that we were all good girls, we didn't quite know what it would take to rebel, so we settled for the whole bottle (better safe than sorry). A few monologues later and an overwhelming wafting of lemon inspired us to check on our "project." We had successfully created bubbles as tall as the waterfall including the big pool part of the upper fountain. Our response "Oh crap", we ran like we had never run before. All the way to the institute we ran stopping only to make blowfishes on the windows where the sweaty dates getting a refreshing drink of water could see our disdain. We then proceeded back to "Stadium Way", our residence. We laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. I have never been to an institute dance that quite compared to our rebellion. I have yet to go to SUU and not laugh my head off whenever I see the fountain. Good old fashioned fun. As many would say, "girls will be girls." Thanks to SUU for giving me my money's worth, I couldn't put a price on what I learned and received. My heart beats red and black for my beloved SUU, Go T-Birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment