I had the great privilege to go to the Women's Conference as a humanitarian project helper. We were able to attend 2 classes before we headed up our project. The 1st class was about living within our means and food storage. It was a wonderful reminder about how blessed we are to live in the U.S.A. The second class we attended was about finding humor in our lives. Humor actually increases your blood flow, helps blood sugar levels, and is a natural anti-depressant. I love to laugh, but it was amazing to learn about how whenever the Lord tells people in the scriptures to "be of Good Cheer" it is always during a really difficult time in that persons life. I was just reminded about how it is better to be of Good Cheer than to be hostile and angry. A story was told of a young woman who had been abused by a number of men in her life and she basically began to believe that "you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear." A church leader spoke with her and told her that the men who had abused her would be punished, but she would also be punished if she didn't treat herself well. I loved that. It is just as important for us to treat ourselves well as it is for others to treat us well. Loved the talks we attended. We quickly headed off to work on our fleece project. We spent 4hrs. cutting fleece, tying the ends, folding, and packaging. So much fun. I am including pictures.
Our Fabulous Shape (every girl outing requires a good shape)
Another Great Shape
Me, Sister Smoot, and Ali
Me, Shauna, Sue, and Ali
Me and Ali cutting fleece
So excited for our girl day!
No comments:
Post a Comment