Saturday, 10 May 2008

"One Upped" for Mother's Day

I love Mothers Day, it is such a great time to say "I Love You" and "Thank You" to the special women and mothers in our lives. In my excitement I rushed off to the store to pick out the perfect card and remembrance for my 3 moms and grandma. The card was easy,but when I saw the beautiful geraniums outside, I knew just what to give them. The color was "Pinto Violet" and I knew that a flower with the name pinto in it had to be super cool. I couldn't wait to give my mother-in-law her little gift. The doorbell rang, it was Sue, "Ash, come outside and pick which Mothers Day present you want." Naturally when I heard the word "present" and "pick" I raced to the porch. Lo and behold, there stood the worlds largest geranium planter I had ever seen. I could feel the red rising to my cheeks as I knew what I would be handing to her in a matter of seconds, a tiny geranium plant. I could not control the laughter as I handed over my ghetto little plant. Needless to say, she liked it and we had to capture the moment on film the irony was too much to bear. Enjoy!

No comments: