Tuesday, 19 June 2012

William's 3rd Birthday Party



Na na na na na na na na - Na na na na na na na na - BATMAN!!!! William or "Liam" as he calls himself has tuned the big 3! The binky fairy came and took away his binky and he potty trained.......what. a. day. We celebrated big with Batman themed treats at school and an evening of sweets with Franks, Hugh, and Mary. Since my Cheeky Cherub is our major choc-aholic we had a nice chocolate cake.....store bought....for us all to enjoy. I was too pooped from making his school treats to make the cake.

Home made treats are less common........ but I feel that they send a message to your kid telling them that they are worth the time and energy and thus build more confidence in them. This is of course according to the gospel of Ashley........ a gospel of which I have a lot of crazy and possibly random ideas and beliefs about people and child rearing. Here is the rice crispy treat complete with chocolate drizzles in black and yellow and blue culinary glitter. I printed off the logo's, cut them out, and taped 2 backed together on tooth picks.


We'll just say that it truly was a labour of love, but his smile and how proud he felt of his treat was worth every minute I spent.



For Liam's Birthday I made him a Super Man and a Batman cape.......he will only wear the Batman one.



Pizza, pasta, cake, and Ben and Jerry ice cream made for some great eats.






I obviously have the tired mom glazed over look in my eye. 




John was in Scotland on Liam's actual Birthday so we celebrated twice, once with dad, and once on his actual Birthday with Hugh and mary.



The BIG 3!





My Cheeky Cherub is very into the Avengers so we got him a few Avenger toys to go along with the capes that I made for him.








I stole the balloon tradition from Sherri my SIL and the kids LOVE it. When they wake up on their Birthday morning the bed is covered in Birthday balloons along with the special Birthday pillowcase that he is sleeping on.




Uncle Hugh and Aunty Mary came over with Franky for William's Birthday and celebrated with us. 


Franky and Ads


Hughey


Mary




Hugh and Mary bought Liam a Captain America shield that shoots disks and Aparna and Prashant and Adi and Mao bought him a big toy helicopter. He loved his gifts very very much.




William had a great Birthday and we were blessed to have friends who we have adopted as family to share it with us. What blessings! I love this wild child and though he is a lot of constant care and watching I feel blessed daily to have him in my life.