Monday, 26 March 2012

Getting Jiggy With It...

St. Patty's Day at our house means getting your jig on :) Yes, we jig......and it is funny......and we love to do it. Despite Ads attempt to capture the Leprechaun in a deathly web of yarn and threads, he managed to leave a trail of gold sweets, some gold pounds under the pillow, and a pot of gold chocolate coins in the dining room at the kids seats. Lucky little kiddo's. Both kids sported their green today so that I would not pinch them, and decorated some shamrockin' sugar cookies. 






Loved this shot of his hair in motion.


I love when my kids laugh uncontrollably, which was the case in these next three pictures.




Corned beef hash dyed green with cheese on top.


Cabbage and asparagus.


Green Jell-O with grapes and kiwi's.


Time for our all things green dinner.




Even Hubby played along in his green.


.....and an always moderately exhausted mom.


I adore this child.


For a monochromatic dinner I think it looks quite pretty.


We had a fizzy limeade to drink and finished the meal off with a nice mint chocolate parfait. The kids thoroughly enjoyed our "all things green" St. Patty's Day this year. I love how excited my kids get for the different holidays and even though it requires more work and preparation as a mom, I really enjoy making life fun and memorable for my kids. At the end of the day, all we take with us is our memories.....so let's take happy ones.