Monday, 25 January 2010

The Blue One vs. The Pink One

The Blue One



The Pink One


The pink one is definitely different than the blue one. People wished a boy on me. It was as if I hadn't had to know what it was like to parent until I had a boy (according to the boy wishers). It is true, they are not the same. Not the impending doom of boyness spoken in a Darth Vader like voice of the boy wishers, just different. For example: Adessa has to wear a dress to church that she can twirl in, she eats like a bird, begs to apply make-up on anyone she sees, dreams in pink and glitter, plays Peter Pan, dances rather than walks, and begs to wear frou frou's. I personally would love to ski down that perfect jump of a nose. She is beautiful. The blue one: eats like a lion, poops like crazy, super strong, super happy, is crawling much earlier than his pink counterpart, loves noise, wrestling, and doesn't cry when he cracks his head or is told "no." He is NOT beautiful. I don't even know if I could say he is good looking, but he definitely melts my heart. When he smiles his little Yoda Troll face I just have to laugh. It is obvious that the two of them are just as different in personality as they are in looks. I am glad that I have one of each to exhaust me in different ways, one emotional, the other physical. Love em', Love em'.

No comments: