Friday, 18 September 2009

It's a Birthday Tea

All year long Adessa has been obsessed with having Tea Parties. Everywhere she goes she wants to have a tea party. When it came time to think of an idea for her 1st friend party, one could only go with the tea party theme. Knowing that she wanted a friend party this year, at Easter time I bought all of these great hats at the dollar store to embellish in the future for her party. The party was a lot of fun to plan and prepare for. I was able to find everything I needed at the DI. I found the tea cups, saucers, and enough tea pots for each pair of girls to share one. The teapots were awful so I went to the craft store and bought an acrylic paint that can be used on ceramics and fired in your oven. I painted over the hideous prancing deer and other nasty murals with a white and then turned them into lovely little floral pots. We had hot cocoa with mini marshmallows, colorful ribbon sandwiches, and of course floral decorated cupcakes with ice cream. I simplified with basic tea party games of button button, and pin the tea pot on the tea pot. The girls were darling. We were able to invite the girls in Adessa's primary class as well as the girls that will be in her school grade, plus her friend Leah from dance. At the end of the day, Addie had a fun time and I had a blast watching these darling little Muppet's prattle around the backyard for a couple hours acting the way girls do.






No comments: